O Sole Mio
32-34 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 1HE 0141 433 1917
- Main course: £9
- Food spend: £25
Service and food both excellent
09 January 2018
The pinnacle of Italian dining in Glasgow for over 45 years, O Sole Mio proudly offers an authentic taste of Naples, with a traditional wood-burning brick oven, hand-stretched pizzas, and warm Mediterranean ambience.
As Scotland’s first restaurant to utilise a traditional wood-burning oven in 1965, O Sole Mio takes great pride in its range of pizzas. An eclectic antipasti selection includes sharing platters of Italian cured meats, as well as bold flavours in the grilled tiger prawns with lemon and chilli dressing. Fresh pasta on the O Sole Mio menu includes superb vegetarian gnocchi, with all pasta available al dente if requested.
Carefully selected Italian bottles feature on the wine list at O Sole Mio Glasgow, which are perfect to enjoy in the colourful, intimate setting of the restaurant. The open kitchen creates a real buzz, while contemporary artwork adorns the walls.
O Sole Mio restaurant sits in the city centre, 10 minutes’ walk from Glasgow Queen Street Rail Station.
O Sole Mio
32-34 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 1HE
See all restaurants in Glasgow
See all restaurants in Glasgow City Centre
Customer reviews for O Sole Mio
((((* 20 January 2018 by Steve Barnet from Stirling
Pre theatre dinner. Bruschetta was a bit bland but otherwise the meal was excellent
((((( 15 January 2018 by Sheila Campbell from Glasgow
I went here with a friend on Friday 12 Jan. I would definitely recommend it.
((((( 9 January 2018 by Barbara Calderwood from Aberdeen
Service and food both excellent
((*** 7 January 2018 by Mr james Milligan from Hamilton
Very disappointing - not like it used to be.
((*** 2 January 2018 by Y from Glasgow
Booking service was easyVisited this restaurant for the very first time on 28th Dec. I won’t be back.
- although I had booked a table well in advance I waited at the door for a lengthy period before some asked me & eventually directed me to the table
- the restaurant, although busy, was cold and draughty and had very little atmosphere other than harassed looking service staff
- we waited almost 30 mins for someone to take our order and tables who arrived after us were attended to before us
- my husband ordered pizza and asked for ham and pineapple to be added. He had three small pieces of ham and four pineapple chunks added. Hardly what I would call a topping! The pizza was therefore pretty tasteless.
- the cannelloni was tasty but for the price was a very small portion
- for what you get the prices are expensive
- often when abroad at the end of your meal you are offered a small drink as a thanyou. At the end of our meal the waiter asked if we would like a Grappa. Thinking this was the same as abroad we accepted. What he didn’t make clear was that we would be charged for these drinks and £13 was added to our bill. I was quite disgusted as his friendly approach seemed to be in the spirit of the occasions I’ve experienced abroad however it was simply subterfuge to add to their profits.
- the only reason it got two stars was because the waitress, although clearly run off her feet, was friendly, polite and tried to solve problems raised
- most of the food was tasty (pizza was bland) risotto was nice as was the cannelloni and sweets even though portions are not large and are overpriced for what it is.
((((( 28 December 2017 by David Hogg from Largs
Very accommodating staff as we had a wheelchair and a pram. Lovely menu delicious food attentive staff.
((((* 26 December 2017 by Julie Murray from Glasgow
There’s a nice atmosphere in this busy restaurant serving tasty Italian fare.
((((* 26 December 2017 by jim from east ayrshire
very busy but the food did not suffer.
((((( 23 December 2017 by Margaret Mcclements from Aberdeenshire
Great food. Very tasty, wonderful staff
Great value for money.
((((* 22 December 2017 by David Taylor from glasgow
we were looked after very well in deed. Lovely food and good service.
Book this restaurant
Menus available at
Sorry, there are no tables available for 2 people on this date.
Try searching for an alternative date.
Sorry, there was an error completing your search.Search again
Nearly done! Please enter your details
Your Contact Details
Deals direct to your inbox!
Hear about our top offers first & book the best tables
Great deals coming your way soon