1. Information about us
Welcome to the Bookatable.co.uk website (the ‘Website’). The Website is provided by Bookatable Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Livebookings Holdings Ltd, (together with our Group Companies (as set out below), collectively referred to herein as ‘Bookatable’ or ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ for short). ‘You’ and ‘your’ mean you as the user of our Website. Bookatable Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 04494036 and our registered address is at 7 Soho Square, London, W1D 3QB.
Bookatable Group Companies
Bookatable AB and 2 Book AB
Bookatable AB, Suomen sivuliike
Bookatable Norway NUF
Bookatable GmbH & Co. KG
2. Contact us
You may contact us on any issue detailed in these User Terms at email@example.com
Or by writing to us at:
7 Soho Square
If you have any concerns regarding the content of any review(s) on this Website please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To stop receiving marketing information by email please email us at email@example.com stating ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject field
Thank you for using our Service.
If you make a restaurant booking using the Website, then our Booking Terms and Conditions will apply. The Booking Terms and Conditions set out important information about your rights and obligations regarding restaurant bookings made using the Website, and form a binding legal agreement between us.
Promotions or prize give-aways on the Website from time to time may be subject to their own specific terms and conditions. Please look out for details of those terms and conditions when entering such promotions.
3.2 Acceptance of agreement
3.3 Changes to this agreement
3.4 Accessing our website
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend any or all of the Website without notice. We may suspend access to the Website periodically to carry out emergency or scheduled maintenance or for any other reason at any time. Access to our Website is dependent upon availability of the worldwide web and we accept no responsibility for the inability of you or the public generally to access our Website arising out of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
4. Acceptable use policy
- use our Website in an unlawful or fraudulent manner or for such purposes, to collect personally identifiable information, or to impersonate other users;
- modify our copyright/trade mark or other proprietary rights notices, or interfere with the security-related features of our Website;
- use our Website in any way to manipulate or distort, or undermine the integrity and accuracy of, any reviews, descriptions, ratings or content or take any action to interfere with, damage, disrupt any part of our Website or the features or services offered on it;
- use our Website to send, knowingly receive, upload/post, download, any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- use our Website to transmit or facilitate the transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material;
- use our Website to transmit any data, or upload to our Website any data, that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any portion of our Website;
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained on our Website, or use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from our Website; or
- engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Website.
We may now or in the future permit you to post, upload, transmit through or otherwise provide through our Website (collectively, ‘submit’) messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information (e.g., your name, e-mail address, etc.) and other content (collectively ‘User Content’). For example, any comment, rating or review of a product or a merchant, or (if you are a restaurant-owner) any details or description to be used in the listing of your restaurant on the Website, that you post through our Website is your User Content.
You agree not to submit any User Content protected by copyright, trade mark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right.
You agree that your User Content:
- will be accurate (where facts are stated), reflect opinions genuinely held by you, and comply with all applicable laws;
- will be truthful, non-misleading and non-deceptive;
- will not contain any material which is tortious (e.g., defames or invades the privacy of any person, etc.), obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- will not promote sexually explicit material or violence, or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- does not breach any legal duty you owe to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- will not be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or provided with an intent to harass, upset or embarrass any other person;
- will not be provided with an intent to impersonate any person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, or to falsely give the impression that your User Content comes from someone else;
- will not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act (e.g., criminal acts, copyright infringement, computer misuse, etc.); and
- will comply with any other applicable terms or conditions.
We may monitor, edit or remove any User Content for violation of the letter or spirit of these terms, or for any other lawful reason. However, we have no obligation to look for, edit or remove any User Content for any reason including, without limitation, violation of these terms.
4.1 User Content Licence
- We do not claim ownership to your User Content. However, by submitting User Content, you grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted, to us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon (e.g., translations, etc.), publicly display/perform, transmit and publish the User Content (in whole or in part) as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate in connection with our business and operations. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called ‘moral rights’ or rights of ‘droit moral’ with respect to the User Content.
- By submitting a user review, you accept that the content will be displayed publicly on third party restaurant reservation website, Bookatable.co.uk, and will be made available to the restaurant to view. We reserve the right to edit or reject reviews containing inappropriate content, profanity, health & safety issues, or personal information. Approved reviews may take up to 7 business days to appear on the site.
4.2 Reliance on information posted
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information and all terms, representations, conditions or warranties that might otherwise be implied in this Agreement are hereby excluded.
4.3 Our materials
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited right to access, view, and print out one (1) copy of any Website page and such data, information, software graphics, images, text, posts and other content as appears on the Website, (‘Materials’) on a single device strictly in accordance with this Agreement.
You may only view, print out and use the Materials for your own personal, non-commercial use. We expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in and to the Website and the Materials and your use of the Website and Materials is subject to the following restrictions. You must not:
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials;
- modify the Materials in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose;
- transfer the Materials to any other person;
- use any Materials from the Website in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right, proprietary right, or property right of us or any third parties; or
- reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit this Website and/or the Materials in any way; without our prior written consent.
4.4 Trade marks
We expressly reserve all rights in and to the Bookatable Group Domain Names, the trade mark ‘BOOKATABLE’, its logo and all other related service marks, trading names or other trade marks relating to our products and services. Other trade marks, products and company names mentioned on the Website may be trade marks of their respective owners or licensors and the rights in such marks are expressly reserved to the respective owners or licensors.
The Bookatable Group Domain Names
4.5 Linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not remove or obscure by framing or otherwise, advertisements, copyright notices, or other information published on the Website. Our Website must not be framed on any other site.
To avoid any doubt you must not link to our Website from a linking site which contains any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
4.6 Third party sites and content
Our Website and/or the Materials may contain links to third party websites. If you decide to visit any third party site, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites. Links do not imply that we or this Website is/are affiliated or associated with such sites. Third party content may appear on the Website or may be accessible via links from the Website. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for such content.
4.7 Exclusions and disclaimers
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude and disclaim all warranties, terms, conditions and representations that might otherwise be implied by law in relation to this Website and the Materials.
Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury arising through negligence;
- fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
- anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by us under applicable law.
We shall not be liable under this Agreement for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Materials may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Materials. Any reliance on any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall be at your sole risk. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Website and to make any changes to the features, functionality or content of the Website at any time. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content on the Website.
We do not represent or warrant that the Website will be error-free, free of viruses or owner harmful components, or that defects will be corrected.
4.8 Legal compliance and applicable law
You shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with your use of the Website and the Materials that appear on it.
If you are a consumer, please note that the Agreement, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) outside England or Wales, you may bring proceedings in the jurisdiction within which you are domiciled.
If you are a business, the Agreement, its subject matter and its formation (including any non contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
7. Terms & conditions applicable to your restaurant booking
The restaurant table booking service (the ‘Service’) is provided to you by Bookatable on behalf of restaurants in the Bookatable network, either via a link to the website of the restaurant with whom you are booking a table (a ‘Restaurant’) or via the website of one of our third party booking partners (a ‘Booking Partner’).
By using the Service you accept these terms and conditions of use (the ‘User Terms’). If you do not agree to the User Terms, you must not use the Service.
We may, at any time for any reason without prior notification to you, terminate, restrict, suspend or discontinue your access to the Service if we in our absolute discretion believe that you are misusing the Service or if you are in breach of any of the provisions of these User Terms.
We may revise these User Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Your continued use of our site or the Service following any such change will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
7.1 Additional Terms
The dining services for which you book via your use of the Service are provided to you by the Restaurant directly and not by Bookatable. Therefore by using the Service to book a table at your chosen Restaurant you are entering into a direct contract with that Restaurant and Bookatable is not a party to that contract.
In order to make any booking using our Service you must have the legal capacity to do so and you must accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name. You must make sure that all the information you provide to us is true and accurate. Booking a table at the Restaurant means you have to pay the Restaurant after you have eaten unless it is clearly indicated before you book that you have to prepay in advance.
When you use the Service to place a booking at the Restaurant you are making an offer to the Restaurant to accept your booking. Your booking is not complete and legally binding on the Restaurant until such time as you have received a confirmatory email from the Restaurant accepting your booking.
If you wish to cancel your booking you can use the hypertext link in the confirmation email or contact the Restaurant directly. Contact details can be found in the confirmation email.
Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time and bring a copy of your email booking confirmation. If you have prepaid please also bring the credit/debit card you used to make the booking.
Some restaurants levy a ‘no-show’ fee for failure to attend the Restaurant at the reserved time. If the Restaurant operates such a policy you will be asked by us, when using the Service, for your credit card details. We will securely store those details. The decision whether to debit your card with a cancellation fee or ‘no-show’ fee is entirely at the discretion of the Restaurant and we will only action that fee if instructed to do so by the Restaurant. If you believe that a no-show fee has been incorrectly deducted you should contact us (see below). On receipt of all relevant information from you we will take up the matter with the Restaurant and facilitate a refund if the Restaurant has not followed its stated terms and conditions at the time of booking.
Some restaurants levy a ‘pre-payment’ for some or all of the expected dining costs. If the Restaurant operates such a policy you will be asked by us, when using the Service, for your credit card details to enable such a pre-payment to be made. We will securely store those details. If you believe that the pre-payment has been incorrectly deducted you should contact us (see below). On receipt of all relevant information from you we will take up the matter with the Restaurant and facilitate a refund if the Restaurant has not followed its stated terms and conditions at the time of booking.
Some restaurants offer/accept prepaid Vouchers for some or all of the expected dining costs. If you are making a booking with such a prepaid voucher you will be asked by us, when using the Service, for your unique Voucher identification number at the time of booking. Once the unique voucher identification number is input and validated, and the booking is confirmed, the booking is then subject to the cancellation policies of the Restaurant. It is not possible to change this booking unless the Restaurant agrees to the change. Where a date cannot be altered by a restaurant it will not be possible to issue a refund. In the unlikely event that the Restaurant needs to cancel the booking after you have booked a date, they will contact you.
We reserve the right to cancel a booking, but this of course will be without any liability to you. We have, at any time for any reason without prior notification to you, the right to terminate or restrict, suspend or terminate your access to any or all of the Service if we believe that you are misusing the Service or if you are in breach of these User Terms.
Because your contract is directly with the Restaurant any queries or concerns that you may have in connection with your restaurant table booking should be addressed directly to the Restaurant via the details set out in the confirmatory email.
We reserve the right to disable your access to our Service and, where applicable, any user ID or password issued to you at any time if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement.
7.2 Additional Terms
In addition to these User Terms, your use of a Restaurant or Booking Partner website and the other services and products provided by Restaurants and Booking Partners in the Bookatable network, may also be subject to any additional terms and conditions applied by restaurants and/or Booking Partners from time to time. Those terms will be in addition to, and therefore not a replacement for, these User Terms. Please ensure that you read such additional terms and conditions before using the websites and/or purchasing the services and products provided by restaurants and Booking Partners.
7.3 Personal Information
7.4 Availability of the Service
Your access to the Service is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Service without notice. We therefore exclude any liability to you for any interruption or lack of availability of the Service to the extent that we can legally do so. You are solely responsible for making all technical and other arrangements necessary for access to the Service. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the Service through your internet connection and account details are aware of these User Terms and comply with them.
7.5 Restrictions on use
All copyright, database rights, trade marks, intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights subsisting in our Service and any content made available to you from the Service, shall remain our property or the property of our licensors. All such rights are expressly reserved.
You agree not to use our Service in such a way as to cause the whole or part of our Services to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less effective or be otherwise impaired or in any way contrary to applicable law.
We maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Nothing in these User Terms shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising through negligence or for fraud.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss, damages or costs suffered or incurred by you arising from viruses or contaminants contracted by you or your machine via accessing or using our Service.
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law we exclude all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any content available from the Service. You bear the entire risk of the completeness, accuracy or usefulness of any content accessed on our Service.
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law we exclude all liability and responsibility arising from your use of:
- the services and products provided by the Restaurant and/or Booking Partners; and
- the Restaurant’s and/or Booking Partner’s failure to supply such services or products, whether in whole or in part.
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, we expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties and conditions of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose. You will not hold us responsible for any damages that result from you accessing (including any software or systems you use to access) our Service, but not limited to, damage to any computer, software or system or portable devices you use to access the same.
Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any consequential, incidental or special damages or for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, loss of data or loss of any benefit arising out of your use or inability to use our Services.