One of the nation’s favourite chefs and TV presenters, James Martin’s eponymous Manchester restaurant showcases a menu of seasonally changing signature dishes in the glitzty 235 Casino. We asked him where else he enjoys dining out in Manchester:
2. Where’s your favourite place for a Sunday roast & decent Yorkshire pudding?
As a Yorkshireman my restaurant of course serves a great Sunday roast, but I would also recommend Eagle & Child in Ramsbottom and Hispi.
3. Where would you recommend for a trendy restaurant in Manchester?
For a trendy restaurant in Manchester I would go for 20 Stories, Refuge and Tattu.
4. What are your top spots for a quirky restaurant experience in Manchester?
Tast on King Street is certainly very quirky and I also like Manchester House.
5. Where are your 3 must-visit places for brunch in Manchester?
For brunch in Manchester it has to be West Corner NQ, All the Shapes in Prestwich or Mackie Mayor.
7. What are your top picks for pizza in Manchester?
I like Rudy’s Pizza in the Northern Quarter, and Honest Crust in Altrincham and Croma do good pizza when you’re shopping and need a quick bite to eat.
8. What are your favourite tapas restaurants in Manchester?
My favourite tapas restaurants in Manchester are Tast, Lunya and Levanter.