- Main course: R0
- Food spend: R0
- Opening hours
- Monday - Sunday: 07:00 - 10:30 14:30 - 17:00 & 18:00 - 21:00
The Palm Court restaurant reflects elegant colonial architecture with plenty of lush palm trees and sunlight. Guests can relaxed in the spacious courtyard done up in soothing colour schemes and stunning chandeliers. There are several menus on offer, starting with the breakfast and afternoon tea buffet, a 24 hour limited menu and a daily changing evening indulgence menu.
Palm Court - Oyster Box
Oyster Box Hotel, 2 Lighthouse Road, 4319, Umhlanga Rocks
See all restaurants in KwaZulu-Natal
Customer reviews for Palm Court - Oyster Box
((((( 24 April 2017 by Nicholas Bayes from Gaborone
Amazing afternoon at high tea. The setting and the food were perfect, so many options. Whilst I enjoyed the savory food, my daughters and wife loved the cakes and sweet dishes. Our waiter was very good, he definetly new his stuff and he suprised us all with the belated birthday cake for my wife. Sadly I cannot recall his name.
((((( 24 April 2017 by Anastasia Taylor from Durban
Was simply awesome! lovely atmosphere and service. total indulgence!
((((* 14 April 2017 by Wayne Bennett from Johannesburg
High tea - very nice but does not justify the price of R320 a person. I had an 11 year old with us and we paid full price for him...
((((( 14 April 2017 by Rekha Rampersad from London, UK
Great service, incredible array of food and beautiful ambience.
((((( 10 April 2017 by Nigel Allen from Southbroom
Went to High Tea with friends and family, everybody loved the experience!! The pianist was a little loud but we were sat fairly close to her, perhaps she needs to be on a floor higher than where the tables are.
((((* 6 April 2017 by Julian Pillay from durban
I visited with a friend for high tea. He is an international visitor and it was his birthday. The waiters made this special even though keeping things private.
This was my 3rd visit and I always bring guests here as it is my favorite choice for high tea. As usual, the ambiance was great, the food really good and service impeccable. I would recommend the following for further improvement:
1. There should be clotted cream and lemon curd served as a condiment to the scones tray. This is typical of most high teas;
2. I missed seeing a cheesecake, which is a variety of cake that I always look forward to;
3. The macaroons are always a treat but this time there was only one flavor which did not really suit my palate. Thankfully one of the waiters was kind enough to get me another flavor, but I do recall a variety of flavors on previous visits;
4. The tea pots are rather large and I find this to be a waste, especially if one would prefer to try a few teas;
5. I would suggest a teas menu for ease of reference so as to limit guests requesting repetition from the waiter each time;
6. One thing that might be less easy to change are the seats, which all of my previous guests have agreed with me, are more for lounging than being at a table dining. It is very difficult to get in and out of the table, with the legs of the table positioned awkwardly too, and the cushions deeply sunken.
((((* 5 April 2017 by Carina Hambloch from Durban North
Lovely decor, good service by waitress, great food. Only complaint would be the seating at the tables, the tables are very small, when you try pull your chair closer to the table, your legs don't fit under the table and you end up bumping the table every time.
((((( 4 April 2017 by Greg from Durban
Excellent from start to finish (booking to dining). My gluten free request was more than adequately catered for and our guests all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Thank you for an awesome afternoon.
((((( 31 March 2017 by Hannelie Potgieter from Carletonville
((((( 30 March 2017 by Abigail Vernon from Dolphin Coast
Really the most amazing attention to detail. Loved roaming the hotel and seeing all the care put into every choice. Staff was simply superb. We have a 20month old son and the staff were exceptionally kind to him and I. Accommodating. Helpful.
Food was wonderful as can be expected.
Book this restaurant
Menus available at
Sorry, there are no tables for 2 available from 17:00 - 21:00.
Please try an alternative date or time.
Sorry, there are no tables available for 2 people on this date.
Try searching for an alternative date.
Sorry, there was an error completing your search.Search again
Nearly done! Please enter your details
Your Contact Details
Deals direct to your inbox!
Hear about our top offers first & book the best tables
Great deals coming your way soon