It’s the moment that chefs and restaurateurs eagerly and nervously await, and that inspires food fanatics and restaurant lovers all over the UK – the publishing of the Good Food Guide’s annual Top 50 listings. The 2012 edition has just been released and the coveted Top 10 spots taken by inventive, exciting and even newly opened restaurants.
The all-important number one top spot remained in the possession of Heston Blumenthal’s Fat Duck in Bray, after it was awarded a very rare full 10 points. The Fat Duck receives the honour of retaining the title of the UK’s best restaurant – Congrats Heston!
Jason Atherton must be feeling very proud too, as his newly opened Pollen Street Social restaurant was named best newcomer in this year’s list, taking 8th place!
Meanwhile, arguably the most written about restaurant opening of the year, Blumenthal’s Dinner at the Mandarin Oriental, surprisingly failed to make the Top 10. Well, 2 top 10 spots would be greedy, wouldn’t it Heston!
The entire Top 10 list looks like this (as does our new ‘one day we want to visit’ list!), and we are very pleased to be able to say that you can book 4 of this Top 10 online at Bookatable.com! Can you cross any off your list of visited restaurants?
1. The Fat Duck, Berkshire
2. L’Enclume, Cumbria
3. Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottinghamshire
4. Gordon Ramsay, Royal Hospital Road, London (Book on Bookatable)
5. Restaurant Nathan Outlaw, Cornwall
6. Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Oxfordshire
7. Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley, London (Book on Bookatable)
8. Pollen Street Social, London (Book on Bookatable)
9. Hibiscus, London
10. The Square, London (Book on Bookatable)
Image via http://www.thegoodfoodguide.co.uk